- Vision & Mission
- PEOs & PSOs
- Teaching Learning Practices
- Industrial Interaction
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The department of mechanical engineering was stablished in the year 2006. Now having two classes with first year intake 120 and lateral entry to second year24.The department is having three doctorates and nineteen M.E. with various branches from CAD, Production Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Engineering Design, Industrial Engineering and Energy Engineering. The department is having well equipped laboratories. SAE Collegiate Club is functioning with various on campus and off campus activities. As part of CSR, all the faculties of mechanical engineering are contributing to Assisi Snekalaya – A AIDS orphanage center every month with Rs.5000 worth of food materials.
To mould the Mechanical Engineering aspirants Into Employable Engineers and Successful Entrepreneurs.
- To be centre of excellence in Mechanical Engineering in providing Quality Education.
- To upgrade infrastructure and faculty competency for Continuous Development.
- To inculcate a work culture that yields Socio-Economical Engineers and Intellectuals.
- To instill leadership qualities to pursue Professional Career and Entrepreneurship.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- PEO1: To excel in career applying knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals essential to create, solve and analyze Mechanical Engineering related problems.
- PEO2: To design, analyze and implement cost-effective solutions to engineering problems encountered in the field that are beneficial to the society.
- PEO3: To establish careers in industry by exhibiting professionalism that meets the needs of national and multinational companies with adequate technical learning and communication skills.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO1: Identify, Formulate and Solve engineering problems in core streams of mechanical Engineering ie., design, thermal, manufacturing and industrial engineering
- PSO2: Apply modern tools to interpret data, design and develop solutions to complex Mechanical Engineering issues employing ethical principles and professional engineering practice.
- PSO3: Function as an Engineering solution provider, entrepreneur with abilities to manage, innovate, communicate, train and get trained to lead teams for continuous development of the society.
- Engineering Practices Lab
- Manufacturing Technology I Lab
- Manufacturing Technology II Lab
- Strength of materials laboratory
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory I&II
- Fluid mechanics and machinery laboratory
- Dynamics laboratory
- Metrology and Measurements laboratory
- CAD/CAM Laboratory
- Simulation and Analysis Laboratory